- Custom Mobility - December 16, 2013 December 16, 2013Tips To Help Enjoy the Christmas Holidays with Seniors or Medically fragile persons […]
- Custom Mobility - December 9, 2013 December 9, 2013The internet is flooded with advertisement of companies who for a fee offer to explain/negotiate available tax credits and grants. Today’s topic reveals information regarding the Disability Tax Credit. […]
- Custom Mobility - December 2, 2013 December 2, 2013Injury to caregivers is extremely common. There is perhaps no single task that creates a greater risk than when assisting with transfers. When the caregiver is family and becomes injured consequences can be devastating. Equipment is available to minimize risk and should be given serious consideration. […]
- Custom Mobility - November 25, 2013 November 26, 2013Annually, millions of people are negatively affected by the loss of sunlight which is clinically referred to as Season Affective Disorder (SAD). Today’s topic explores the benefits of Artificial Sun Light technology. […]
- Custom Mobility - November 18, 2013 November 19, 2013This is a time of year that many people consider the purchase of mobility equipment such as walkers, scooters, lift chairs, bath lifts and emergency alarm pendants. While each help provide independence and dignity, caution must to be taken as some sell these items to take advantage of the spending season, rather than helping people fulfill functional need. A […]
Time To Support A Local Hero
Let’s Support Tabetha
Hero is a frequently used term, but often not well defined. For those of you not aware, May is National Mobility Awareness Month and this year’s theme is to acknowledge and celebrate local heroes who are being described as persons dealing with, or overcoming mobility challenges.
Heroes Can Win a Van
In conjunction with this year’s theme, a minimum of three Wheelchair Accessible Vehicles will be awarded to local heroes. Winners will be determined through a contest that is being held on line. Tabetha is a local hero entered in this contest.
Tabetha has learned to deal with her mobility issues in a positive and productive way. She also has found the time to volunteer for many community organizations. Its now time for the community to give back to her, and we are asking for your help.
Your Help is Needed and Is Virtually Effortless
You can acknowledge and help this local hero by simply going on line and viewing her video submission. http://www.nmeda.com/mobility-awareness-month/heroes/ontario/grand-bend/1643/tabetha-jm-burley
You will be asked to enter PROMO CODE: 535 Each first time voter will earn Tabetha 4 votes. The contest allows people to vote once daily with the contest ending on Sunday May 13, 2012. By taking only a few seconds each day to vote for Tabetha provides the chance to make a big difference in her life. To accomplish that, now that would make you a hero.